Saturday, September 4, 2010

They're Heeeeeeere!

Well, Mom and Dad are here.  The tension is thick, but Mom is really trying........I think.  Last night Monica came over for an hour or so.....Mom is friendly, but I notice that she doesn't act like she would to another friend of mine, and she also doesn't act like she would to a boyfriend of mine.  She doesn't ask Monica about herself or how she is.....she's friendly enough, but doesn't instigate any conversation.  I guess I don't expect her to celebrate this if she doesn't believe it's right, but I would like her to at least try to celebrate my happiness, to appreciate that this woman treats her baby girl better than any man ever has, that here is a woman who loves me, builds me up, celebrates me.  I would want someone to do that for my kids and I don't care what sex they are or what color they are, or any of that nonsense. 
Sometimes my mom is just so narrowminded.  She really is quite hypocritical if I do say so.  She is all about loving others as Jesus does, but she doesn't actually do this......she just preaches it.  I dunno...I am rambling now with no structure whatsoever in this post.
Love my parents.....trying trying trying to enjoy the visit with them while my sweet dad still knows who I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment