en·chant (n-chnt)
tr.v. en·chant·ed, en·chant·ing, en·chants
1. To cast a spell over; bewitch.
2. To attract and delight; entrance.
This is the dictionary definition for "enchant". I really like this word because anyone who has ever experienced love at first sight or even over a period of time fallen head over heels in love with someone knows that this is a fantastic word used to describe the hold that love has over you. That is precisely what Monica, unbeknownst to her, did to me the first time I ever saw her. She was like a shock to all my senses.....shoot, I just plain LOST all my senses.......all I knew, all that I had believed of myself, all that I had resolved to be... completely flew out the door.
I feel like life had been on this one course for many many years. That course was fraught with painful bumps, potholes, mud......just as is any course in life. But the scenery was also bleak. I was just traveling through deadness, like gray skies, dead trees, darkness. And I was traveling this road in shackles. And the whole time, I kept looking around and saying, "See??? Isn't this great?? Isn't this beautiful?" because I had been taught that this type of course was supposed to be beautiful. And probably because I hoped if I told myself that enough times, perhaps I would start to buy into it. But I was restless......incomplete.....disrespected by my man....and consequently, disrespected by myself, too. I had lost myself trying so hard to be what everyone told me I was supposed to be.
Then all of the sudden, my dusty little cart traveling through life just derailed and hopped onto a completely different track! While I sat around and marveled at how that could have even possibly happened, the most beautiful world began to spring up around me, full of light and life, full of understanding, respect, love. The world had never looked more beautiful, even though the potholes were deeper, the bumps more like mountains. And now the whole earth sparkles! The air smells cleaner, the sky looks bluer, my sheets feel softer, even the food tastes better!
She just unknowingly cast a spell on me and I have never been and never will be the same. Why didn't someone tell me it could feel like this? It never seems to fade. I never get used to looking at her--each time I see her, I am bewitched all over again. She takes my breath right away and I can hardly even focus on what she is saying becasue I am so taken in by simply watching her mouth move as she speaks. There is magic all through my life now, and I know I am being so selfish, but I am not willing to let it go.....I feel powerless even to try. I am wildly in love with that girl......there is little I wouldn't do for her, to be with her................I am completely and utterly ENCHANTED.
No comments:
Post a Comment