Well, things are getting so busy now.....thought with school starting it woud get easier and it has, but all those afterschool activities get crazy! Seriously, I think that parents have a tendency to overschedule their kids these days. I really think kids need a couple of days a week when they can come home from school and do nothing but homework, play in the yard, even veg in front of the tube if they want, make something from an old box. I am a huge proponent of providing opportunities and structure and consistantly, but they need to also learn that life doesn't have to be at top speed ALL THE TIME!
My ex was the most fun and exhausting person to vacation with. He would have every single moment of our vacations booked to the point of utter chaos! They were always fun, but I would return feeling as if I needed to take a vacation after the exhaustion of my vacation! LOL I love that about Monica. She loves to relax, she isn't always expecting me to be accomplishing something 24/7. In fact, we love to park our butts on the sofa and snuggle and watch tv for hours. It's so refreshing! Good thing, too, because we gonna be so poor when our men are outta the pic, we need to not have expensive tastes.
I have turned down many job interviews this year......I really really wanted to teach! (I am a certified teacher in Chem, math, physics), but I felt that on the three days a week after school that I have my kids, I wanted to actually HAVE my kdis. I wanted tto be there to see them off to school, help them with homework, take them to their activities. They deserve that, at least this year for sure, after all they have been through with this divorce and stuff. I know that my turn will come, but it is a short time that I have them young and can make such a difference in their world.
Kids are a constant sacrifice. They are worth it, but it is constant. When I divorced my ex, I knew he would fight me for the money, at any cost to the kids, which is a tragedy. Instead of fighting for my half, I just settled for way less and we are now able to be friendly, which is so important for them. I knew that his money meant a world more to him than we did......oh well. You can't take it with you when you're gone...
Monica's oldest son will be 18 in a few days. How exciting for him! His court appearance was uneventful and he will not have to have any major punishment inflicted on him (praise God!). I think so much of that kid! We haven't had a chance to get to know eachother a TON, but I have had the privilege of sharing some of his teenage-ness with him a bit. What a trip he is! Not just his age--I love teenagers, used to teach them, yada yada. But he is quite a personality! Amusing, full of life, smart as hell.....great great kid! I think she is gonna tell them soon....after his birthday. If not, she should for sure wait til after the holidays since it would be too close and would ruin their holidays. Probably will ruin them anyway.....I feel so bad! I would never wanna hurt somebody or destroy someone's family!
None of this situation makes any sense, not any of it! If I were an outsider, I would shake my head and say, "Now, that is just not right!" It defies all logic. But all I need is to take one look at her, that pretty face, that smile, those eyes, and that is really all the logic I need to have.....I am home.
No comments:
Post a Comment