Monica and I were just talking last night about what it is like falling in love.............it's strange, so many times people go out looking for it....isn't that what dating around is? It's like shopping for a mate, trying one after another, seeing how it feels, how it fits. I think it is simply human nature to want to be in a romantic, loving relationship. It is quite obviously one of the biggest, most powerful emotions there is. That's why almost all songs are written about it, poetry is written about it, etc. We long for it, and when it hits, it is truly a feeling that is completely intoxicating, euphoric, better than any drug, and we will do whatever we have to do to keep feeling it. And what's so funny is that you can't create it, you can't bring it, you can't find it......it really finds YOU! And when it does, you realize how powerless and little you really are........like a heroin addict against his dope, you don't stand a chance.
The first time I ever saw Monica I was shaken to my core. Literally, my knees weakened, somewhere in my body some chemical was emitted, like some sort of adrenaline shot that made my heart pound-- every cell in my body awakened and stood alert. I was so confused......here was this tiny little lady with her black choppy haircut, her combat boots, studded cuff on her wrist. She couldn't have been 100 pounds dripping wet......she bounced around in those combat boots like she walked with a spring on the balls of her feet. She walked quickly and with a purpose, and when those pretty almond shaped brown eyes, perfectly outlined in dramatic make-up, looked up and spotted someone she knew, that angelic face lit up like a Christmas tree and those sensuous curvy red lips spread into the cutest grin......complete with one beautiful crooked pearly white tooth on one side of her top row. My heart did flip flops......funny thing is almost two years later it still does. Sometimes even now, when I look at her, she takes my breath right outta me, like I am seeing her that first day all over again. While I wanted to run out of that room because I was terrified of how I was feeling, I also felt like I just wanted to be in her presence, all at the same time. I couldn't take my eyes off her, and I couldn't walk away. Still, it would be months before we ever even spoke.
No comments:
Post a Comment